Week 1A - It's Nice to Meat You


     Hi all, and welcome to my blog! My name is Beau Nelson, and the main theme of this blog will be food and drink, with an emphasis on one of my passions - meat. I've been practicing butchery for about 15 years now and still enjoy it. I don't come from a family of meat cutters, or even chefs, but I've always been intrigued by food. When I was 18, I landed my first job in the meat department of a grocery store and for one reason or another, it was captivating. Over the years, I've learned to fabricate whole animals, fillet fish, produce sausage, jerky, salami, and other specialty meat products. Naturally, along the way I've picked up a thing or two when it comes to making food as well. 

    What has gone hand in hand with butchery is producing delicious, quality food. I really enjoy cooking and creating dishes that I am proud to serve and share with others. I feel that our own bodies are the one thing that we should care for and nourish over anything else. I'm not perfect, but I do stay mindful as to what I eat and feed my family. I've had family members in the past that have cured their own ailments naturally by changing what they put (and don't put) in their bodies. I'm far from being any type of health guru, but I do what I can and try not to put too much pressure or stress on myself.

   You will probably take notice to my background picture for this blog. This was a ribeye roast that was merchandised into what are known as tomahawk steaks. I did this during my time as a grocery store meat cutter working for Whole Foods Market where I worked for nearly ten years. I've moved on to new adventures since then and I will be attending culinary school towards the end of September in hopes to pursue a career in food. I hope you'll enjoy what I have to share here in the near future and find value and entertainment in my posts. 


    

Comments

  1. I like the simple theme, as to not take away from the meat!
    This brings back some childhood memories, in the garage helping Dad with the deer. I used to watch and sometimes help when my dad was butchering the deer. Telling about the different parts and the different kinds of cuts that a deer has. This is also just of great skill to have in life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya Beau!

    I will have to say... I love me some meat! Seriously though. This is great. It's always easiest to write or blog about things that are a passion. The words and sentences come so much easier.

    My husband is a very talented home cook hisself and has been known to make some serious magic happen on either his Smoky Mountain Bullet Smoker or his $50 OfferUp find, the Traeger pellet fed smoker.

    I look forward to learning with you and should you ever be interested, I'm sure the hubs wouldn't mind sharing a few of his "recipes" should you ever like. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 3 Part A.

Week 2 Part A